Moto E : Specs, price & availability in the Philippines
Motorola launched a new budget smartphone that's clearly aimed at emerging markets like the Philippines. It's advertised as a durable Android handset at an affordable price.
Made to last. Priced for all.
Introducing the Motorola E
- Operating System: Android 4.4, KitKatÂ®
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragonâ„¢ 200 with 1.2GHz dual-core A7 CPU Adreno 302 400MHz single-core GPU
- Storage: 4GB user storage, MicroSD slot supports up to 32GB expandable memory 1GB RAM
- Display: 4.3 inches, 540 x 960 qHD, 256ppi (Features anti-smudge coating and CorningÂ® GorillaÂ® Glass 3)
- Battery: Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion, 1980mAh (Mixed usage up to 24 hours)
- Camera: 5 MP, Capture 30fps FWVGA (MP4, H.264, H.263)
Price in the Philippines
The unlocked handset is priced at USD 129.00 in the US. Basing on previous price differences (Moto X and G), it's possible that the Moto E will be sold here for PHP 6,000 to 7,500.
For this same price, it's closest contenders are the Sony Experia E1 (PHP 7,300), Samsung Galaxy S Duos (PHP 7,600), Nokia Lumia 520 (PHP 7,450) and LG Optimus L7 (PHP 7,800). In which case, by specs alone, the Moto E wins.
When will it be available?
It's hard to guess. One thing is for sure, though, we're among the target market of this new handset. We'll find out the coming weeks.