Moto G (2015): Specs, price & availability in the Philippines
Motorola just announced a premium upgrade to the popular mid-range handset -- the Moto G (2015). This new version is completely different from last year's Moto G; it's bigger and is packed with better specs for the price.
So what's the specs?
- AndroidTM Lollipop 5.1.1
- QualcommÂ® SnapdragonTM 410 (1.4 GHz quad-core CPU), Adreno 306 (400 MHz GPU)
- 5-inch, 720p HD (1280 x 720), 294 ppi, GorillaÂ® Glass 3
- 13 MP (f/2.0) rear camera; 5MP (f/2.2) front camera
- 8 GB storage + 1 GB RAM or 16 GB storage + 2 GB RAM, with 32GB micro-SD support
- IPX7-rated (protection from splashes and accidental drops in water.)
For more of the specs, check out the official page.
But the real question is when will it be available here in the Philippines and for how much?
Motorola recently announced its official "comeback" to the Philippine market. With the announcement is the official release of the Moto X Style, Moto X Play, Moto G and Moto E -- last years versions.
I doubt the Moto G (3rd gen) will be released within the year. Online stores like KimStore and DBGadgets might carry it but there's little chance that Motorola will unveil the newly-announced handsets within the year. If we get lucky, they might release it later this year...just in time for the holidays. (fingers crossed)
The new Moto G's price will, most likely, be similar to that of the older Moto G. The 8GB / 1GB RAM version may sell for around PHP 10,000. While the 16 GB / 2GB RAM will be sold for PHP 15,000.
And the wait begins... Are you looking forward to the Moto G or the Moto X play?
Also check out the Nexus 5X and the Nexus 6P. There's also the Moto G4